Tuesday, August 28, 2012

August IHSW Report - Super Late!

Ok, so I started the post on time.  Really.  I just didn't publish it.  Oops.  Well, enjoy anyway, and I'll save up my latest progress pictures for the next tardy update.  :)


Wow. What a weekend. It all started with.....

A haircut on Friday after work. I made the appointment, and was so happy that I got in so quick. Except for the fact that I was driving right straight through the Woodward Dream Cruise. Brilliant! I left work and traffic was backed up the minute I got on the highway. Add the usual loads of construction, and it was ugly. But I got to look at a lot of cool cars on the way. Made it on time, but it was close. And it took up my whole Friday evening.

Saturday from 10-3 was my first Japanese Embroidery class! Yay! Shay Pendray is, of course, a wonderful teacher. The class went by so quickly and I really enjoyed myself. Even the part that sounds the most intimidating, twisting my own silk, was enjoyable. I'm looking forward to continuing on with more classes.

Seasons by Jennifer Ashley Taylor



Immediately after my class, we headed to Toledo to help my sister move. She has been in an air cast for a month and will now be having surgery, so moving herself was out of the question. We got it mostly done, and my parents stayed to help clean up the last little bit at the old place. We got home at 1:30a.m. Ugh.

Sunday, or laundry-catch-up day, I got to work on Autumn Dusk. I've made some good progress since I finished Ashley's Roses.

Autumn Dusk by Chatelaine

And yesterday, some stitchy goodies in the mail! Sashiko and Kogin kits!

 

1 comment:

Joysze said...

Autumn Dusk looks spectacular... and now that I know you have it finished... I can't wait to see!!!!! :D

Mmm.... love your japanese embroidery. I've been seeing a lot more of these in blogland and they all look so amazing! And whooooo, more kits! Are you starting them soon as well?