Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Paltry June IHSW

A hermitting weekend where I can stitch? Ha. I had hoped to make some progress....on something. Instead I spent my weekend busier than ever.

I had been working on Ashley's Roses ever since I finished up the Mini Mandala. I had started her a while back, but put her aside after I got tired of all that white and grey. This time I managed to persevere, and I've got the bottom half of the chart completed except for the beading. I may have put in a total of about 40 or so stitches over the weekend, but finished the blue-green gingham and the backstitching on Monday. I should be able to stick with her until she's done, then she will be framed up for Miss Alex's room.

But the big excitement....I have signed up for a Japanese embroidery class! With Shay Pendray! Oooooo! :) I've been looking for new techniques, and Japanese embroidery really jumped out at me. It's so beautiful! But you really can't just go out and grab yourself a kit. Instructors and classes are few and far between and I thought that I might have to suck it up and go to Georgia to the Japanese Embroidery Center for a class. Not exactly convenient with the job, kid, and all. When lo and behold, an Internet search resulted in me finding out that Shay Pendray teaches Japanese embroidery classes at a local (to me) shop! Yay! I'm so excited, and will probably remain so until my first class in August.

6 comments:

Marcy said...

Lucky You!

Also, your stitching looks great

Kasey said...

It seems it was a busy weekend for everyone - don't worry. Every stitch counts.

Bea said...

Hey, progress is progress! And kudos for finding the class you wanted.

♥ Nia said...

Your stitching looks so pretty :) i'm curious to see more!

Anonymous said...

Your stitching is looking great, the color's are very pretty.
Good luck with the Japanese Embroidery classes, they sound interesting.

Claire said...

Hi your stitching looks great.
http://claire-stitchart.blogspot.co.uk/